Whites to Blues Ratio?

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
9,782
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all, I'm selling my tank for a move. To take better pictures, I set my ReefLED 50 at a ratio of 50% white lighting and 15% blue. It looks really good to me, and I was wondering if it was suitable for coral in the long term. Thanks for the help!
 
Probably wouldn’t hurt. Not likely to be optimal though. Just do that setting for pictures and run a more 50/50 program for regular operation
 
I don't really care about coral color. I actually like the look of corals under white light, because they look just like those on a shallow wild reef. I just care that they are healthy and growing. Would the corals photosynthesis and growth be impacted by white light? I read that even white LEDs have the blue spectrum in them, we just can't see it. Is this true?
 
I don't really care about coral color. I actually like the look of corals under white light, because they look just like those on a shallow wild reef. I just care that they are healthy and growing. Would the corals photosynthesis and growth be impacted by white light? I read that even white LEDs have the blue spectrum in them, we just can't see it. Is this true?
All white light has blue in it.

Yes white leds are actually blue leds with a yellow phosphor added to make white.
You can make white using just red, green, and blue leds.
Or violet cyan amber ect ect.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new