Whitish (kinda shiny) clownfish spots

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a video of my clownfish, I noticed a spot this morning now there’s another. Maybe it’s pineapple sponges sticking to him because there are some in the tank? But I’d rather not say what it looks like and let you decide… he’s acting normal and eating like a pig. No other fish look like this.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0508.MOV
    37.5 MB

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post video in white light, blue lighting is really hard to diagnose anything. Also please provide your water parameters. Is the clown new or did you anything new to your tank recently? More information would be great.

OP
OP
Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post video in white light, blue lighting is really hard to diagnose anything. Also please provide your water parameters. Is the clown new or did you anything new to your tank recently? More information would be great.
Ok so the clown has been in the tank for about 6-7 months. Newest fish (possum wrasse) has been in the tank for 1-2 months. Phosphates about .18, nitrates 5-10, alkalinity was about 9 when I tested, salinity is 1.023 (a little low because of acclimating snails recently and store being out of RO). Here’s a white light video (they got a little spooked because of the white light)

Attachments

• IMG_0509.MOV
    61.5 MB

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not pineapple sponge. Could be excess mucus, sand, debris from the water caught on his slime coat. Ich burrows under the skin and feeds for 3-7 days before it drops off into the substrate. I can only see one spot in the video and it could possibly be ich but I suggest keeping an eye on it. If it moves or goes away in a matter of 24-28 hours you're in the clear most likely.

If you noticed more spots or a decline in appetite and behavior then I would be prepared to QT. Do you have a QT setup already?

OP
OP
Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not pineapple sponge. Could be excess mucus, sand, debris from the water caught on his slime coat. Ich burrows under the skin and feeds for 3-7 days before it drops off into the substrate. I can only see one spot in the video and it could possibly be ich but I suggest keeping an eye on it. If it moves or goes away in a matter of 24-28 hours you're in the clear most likely.

If you noticed more spots or a decline in appetite and behavior then I would be prepared to QT. Do you have a QT setup already?
No I don’t have another tank. Also I have incredibly small understanding of QT with copper and hypo. I do hope it’s debris.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don’t have another tank. Also I have incredibly small understanding of QT with copper and hypo. I do hope it’s debris.
Fingers crossed. If you need additional support, post on the forum and the team can walk you through as best we can.

Back