Who else does maintenance on there tank after midnight?

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So here it is 0342 in the morning, and I find myself in the equipment room. Just finished wiping down equipment, water tests, and cleaning the skimmer. Still need to prune the algae in the fuge and make up some BRS mag, but needed a snack 1st. For what it is worth, PO4-.03, NO3-25, MAG-1350, CAL-390, ALK-8. Not to shabby, however I did start to raise the CAL a little, Like being in the 420-440 range and i will give the mag a liitle bump as well.

So who else does maintenance in the middle of the night?

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude yeah.. sometimes I can only start when everyone is sleeping (kids, wife)
So, I can take the time to it properly. I feel ya..

But the mornings after are a pain (im not a military guy)

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardest part is that some others in my house are sensitive to noise then lol

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can't sleep or wake up early I sometimes head to the basement sump to poke around. It is calming in some weird way.

Not me....my lights don't come on until 11 am.....no manual intervention for me ;):beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

lights are 10-9 I think and I’m still always Messing around with testing or cleaning or moving stuff around at night.

it doesn’t help that my Wyoming white clown has the coolest fluorescent blue body after the lights go out, can’t ever get tired of “visiting another world” like that

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, no midnight maintenance for me. My name is Dawn so I am an early to bed, early to rise gal. My low intensity blue lights come on at 5 am, LOL. I like to sit on my sofa at 5:30 am with a cup of Joe and watch the fish shadows swim among the flourescing coral. My sump/refugium lights come on at 8 am so that is generally when I will do a water change.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your fish probably see you as the boogeyman!
Ok guys. Really. U must be in some deep butt sleep cause I swear it’s not a bad dream. First there’s the bright light and then all of a sudden A big strange alien that invades the tank
I swear he’s trying to get us all and do weird experiments.

OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You all are crazy!!

I try not to do anything inside the display or the frag tank. Mainly the stuff on the outside.

I usually get about 4 hours of sleep at some point during the day, maybe a nap before I actually go to work.

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I ended up doing it like 2x last week. I was working on some upgrades and relocations and even though i planned to do them all day long I didn't get going til after 5 and i had to keep going til the job was done. 2 nights I went til like 3-330 am and got up for work at 530. smh

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to (in my early 20’s) pick one night a week to do WC/filter socks/general cleaning/etc. Paired it with drinking, solid decision making. One beer turned to twelve pretty quick.
Every morning I’d wake up in a panic wondering what I had screwed up, only to find a ‘mostly’ all clear, except one night.
I was leaning on my sump, 23ish at the time, trying to grab something behind my tank. Full 55G glass sump shattered and my ex was woken up to me frantically grabbing towels and trying to catch water while yelling across the room “Baby get the shop vac!”. We didn’t own a shop vac…..
3am trip to Walmart by her and one lost deposit later, I don’t drink and maintain my tank anymore…..as often anyway.

Back