Who has all the Versas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ecotech,

In the process of designing a AWC on my reef and am really wanting to buy some versas for my project. They have been out of stock everywhere for a while. Can you shed some light on if they are coming back or is a V2 of the pump in the works? Any kind of insight would be helpful as I do not want to continue to design my AWC system around a product which may no longer exist.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I waited forever, finally went with two BRS high volume peristaltic dosers for my AWC. I am very happy with them. Still, also curious if anyone has the scoop on why these are perpetually unavailable.

Daftendire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited forever, finally went with two BRS high volume peristaltic dosers for my AWC. I am very happy with them. Still, also curious if anyone has the scoop on why these are perpetually unavailable.
Been waiting for the Versas for a while as well. What kind of timer do you use with the BRS units?

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand Ecotech has moved into a bigger facility, so between COVID and the move things are behind a little.. I do believe you will see more in the upcoming months as they get settled in the new facility!

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along in this thread. Have been waiting for a versa for a while now as well, hope they restock soon

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been waiting for the Versas for a while as well. What kind of timer do you use with the BRS units?
I am using my reef controller, single channel for both. Any timer will work, fancy or simple. The BRS ones seem to be well matched. I was sort of hung up on them being dead accurate, but now that I am running an AWC, realize that it really doesn’t matter. If your dosers (whatever they are) are implemented in a way that work with your setup, you can make slight SG adjustments on a monthly basis. A lot simpler than trying to keep two dosers perfectly calibrated.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand Ecotech has moved into a bigger facility, so between COVID and the move things are behind a little.. I do believe you will see more in the upcoming months as they get settled in the new facility!
Its been well over a year at this point since the Versa's went completely out of stock. New facility or not. COVID or not. This is now ridiculous.

I would continue to give them slack, however if you contact Ecotech directly about when Versa will be in stock, they completely give you the run around with BS non-answers. Ecotech has handled this so poorly, when all we need is clear answers and communication. I've had my AWC project on hold for over a year now because I'm half committed to the versa ecosystem and buying something else is a waste.

But at this point, their handling of the Versa product line does not give me faith in their future endeavors and I am thinking of selling the entire ecosystem of my Ecotech products and finding a company that can plan around something as simple as a move. I cannot risk my livestock to a company who might not have hardware replacements in the future.

I applaud Neptune for keeping the manufacturing of Trident reagents at least somewhat reasonably available during all of this. They were able to launch a highly in demand product almost right into COVID and keep everyone going with reagents for it.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get a couple versas for an AWC for many months about a year ago, and eventually gave up and went with an old used masterflex pump. I'm glad I did the masterflex pump is incredible, although it has no controls other than a speed adjustment knob and an on switch, so I have to use smart plugs to turn it on. I actually use kasa smart strips and outlets for a lot of my tanks equipment so that isn't a big deal for me anyway.

OP
OP
bcarl77

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been well over a year at this point since the Versa's went completely out of stock. New facility or not. COVID or not. This is now ridiculous.

I would continue to give them slack, however if you contact Ecotech directly about when Versa will be in stock, they completely give you the run around with BS non-answers. Ecotech has handled this so poorly, when all we need is clear answers and communication. I've had my AWC project on hold for over a year now because I'm half committed to the versa ecosystem and buying something else is a waste.

But at this point, their handling of the Versa product line does not give me faith in their future endeavors and I am thinking of selling the entire ecosystem of my Ecotech products and finding a company that can plan around something as simple as a move. I cannot risk my livestock to a company who might not have hardware replacements in the future.

I applaud Neptune for keeping the manufacturing of Trident reagents at least somewhat reasonably available during all of this. They were able to launch a highly in demand product almost right into COVID and keep everyone going with reagents for it.
I am in this exact situation. I am straddled between Neptune and Ecotech and would like to have everything running on one cohesive ecosystem. As Ecotech products no longer integrate directly with Neptune Apex I figured Ecotech had something else up their sleeve.

But obviously Ecotech needs to be able to have the full ecosystem of products... Hope they give us some kind of update of the future of this product line.

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found 2 single pumps on various reef forums but ultimately i wanted the 4 pack so I can use two for awc. I’ve been holding out for the 4 pack to cut back on cords but if this continues I may just get a couple more singles. My lfs actually had two in stock a few weeks ago and I was shocked they had them. No awc for me yet.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited for them for a few months and finally picked up two of them about a month ago. The trick was to hit the 'notify me when back in stock' button at BRS and when you get the email don't waste time. When I got mine, the time between getting the email notification and checking out was less than a minute and they were sold out within a few minutes after that.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all the versa pumps on stock notify and have received zero notifications. Every site that sells versa that offers notifications, I have them set up.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all the versa pumps on stock notify and have received zero notifications. Every site that sells versa that offers notifications, I have them set up.
It seems like over the past year, Ecotech has been shipping out a few here and there so random stores seem to end up with a handful of them and then quickly sell out.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an alert last Saturday night at approximately 2:45 in the morning that there were some single units in stock. Thank god I was awake so I was able to nab 2 of them, they were gone by sunrise.

OP
OP
bcarl77

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an alert last Saturday night at approximately 2:45 in the morning that there were some single units in stock. Thank god I was awake so I was able to nab 2 of them, they were gone by sunrise.
I was also up incredibly early last Sunday morning and got some as well!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back