Who has dual return pumps

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm getting ready to set up two low boy frag tanks and I have a 75 gallon sump I will be using to supply them both. Ive got 2 Jebao DC 6000 return pumps that I would like to use to supply both tanks.

My question is for anyone that has done a similar set up, how do you have yours plumbed up. Id like to combine them both for redundancy reasons. And have them both feed each tank. Would it be better to have them combine at the top or right in the beginning? Also should I go 3/4 or 1 inch pvc.

I plan on having the low boys next to each other so I will drill the returns in the right and left corner so they are next to each other. So just one return on each tank. Ive actually thought about potentially drilling a 20 long or 40 breeder into the middle of them too. A place to keep nems.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest and simplest way to plumb it is have each pump run to its own return bulkhead. No “combining” them. If you do connect the two returns if one fails the flow from the working pump will preferentially flow down through the non working pump and you’ll lose a lot of flow to the tank. If you do connect out of necessity you might need to plumb in check valves for each pump to prevent that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back