Who has experience with bleached leathers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter D'sreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

D'sreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Messages
937
Reaction score
2,927
Location
Parrish, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received a devil finger and a toad stool that were in fairly rough safe a while back, and the toadstool was completely bleached and almost no polyp extension. Now, the toadstool has polyp extension over its whole body (lack of a better term) and still almost 0 color. I think the cap may have just a bit of a pink to it, but nothing really noticeable. So, I have been spot feeding it brightwells aquatics coral Inertia nrg+, is there anything else I should be doing?
 
I would feed it powdered coral food. A bleached coral has no zoo's to transform light into food for the coral, so the coral needs to physically catch food for nutrition.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new