Who has the easiest app for controlling leds?

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be light shopping in the near future for a 65 breeder mixed reef, I am not computer savvy so I want to find lights that have a easy app to work with

I have had AI Primes in the past and that was okay, had a few other older leds that the app was not easy to work with

So is there anything out there easier to control then the AI program? I wouldnt be opposed to sticking with AI as the tank I am getting comes with one but I will need to add another to get full coverage

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people find similarity always easier, so maybe stick with the AI. I would choose the light for the light, not the app. I find once LED's are setup, I hardly ever use the app again. But the initial set up does need to be easy. If you have apex, then new MXM module as it controls multiple brands through Apex.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Going to be light shopping in the near future for a 65 breeder mixed reef, I am not computer savvy so I want to find lights that have a easy app to work with

I have had AI Primes in the past and that was okay, had a few other older leds that the app was not easy to work with
I've wondered this too.
My first led black box didn't have any controls except for dials on the box.
Then I found Radions that had ESL back in 2010.
Once I figured out how to use it on my computer it the best IMO.
Now that gen 5-6 have gone to Mobius, I really have issues with it and it just doesn't work for me.
I tried a Reefi Uno and could not figure out the app so I moved on from that.
I also tried the Philips CoralCare gen2. The app to control it is kind of sparse. But fortunately for me it was a set and forget. Only needed to open the app to change the time twice a year.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back