AI Prime? Upgrade recommendation

brandondavidson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Messages
62
Reaction score
54
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interesting in upgrading the lighting for my 6 gallon nano tank. I’m currently running a 30W NICREW light which is serving me well but I’m looking for more spectrum control, intensity control, timing control, and user friendliness. My understanding is that the AI Prime 16HD would be a good choice given their easily accessible app. Is this the best light for the price? Is there anything similar of comparable quality that may be cheaper and also with easy user accessibility? Has everyone found the AI Prime to be a quality light? Thanks so much.
 
I have 2 AI primes on a IM 20 peninsula and 1 on a IM 10 for the last 3 + years. Other than melting the lens on the UV and Violet LEDS about ever 7-8 months, I'm completely happy with them. They grow everything from anemones to SPS.
 
With over 50W of lighting in that AI Prime, it should provide more PAR for the corals. Please be careful on acclimating them to the new lighting.
 
IM 10 this morning.
IMG_0507.JPG
 
I have 2 AI primes on a IM 20 peninsula and 1 on a IM 10 for the last 3 + years. Other than melting the lens on the UV and Violet LEDS about ever 7-8 months, I'm completely happy with them. They grow everything from anemones to SPS.
Just curious- how do you have them mounted? Have a pic? I have the same tank with one AI Prime on a flex mount and I’ve been considering upgrading to two but don’t want to mount each off of the “back” of the tank. Here’s the tank.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6773.jpeg
    IMG_6773.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 113
noopchye k7 mini , just got it amazing shimmer 60w, comes with mount unlike the ai
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new