Who is going to Reef Palooza?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to go...... Maybe i will go. I have never been to one of the Big shows. Have you ever gone to one? Whats it like?

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I see it, reefpalooza and MACNA are two different types of events. If you’re a coral/livestock junkie then you definitely will want to go to Reefpalooza. If you’re into all the reefing gear and hard goods then MACNA is your event
Thats cool...that is what i was trying to figure out. Thanks

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to go...... Maybe i will go. I have never been to one of the Big shows. Have you ever gone to one? Whats it like?
Its incredible! I live in the Tampa area and went every vendor is there every kind of coral is there and lots of knowledge from your favorite manufacturers. Also anything new on the market. i was like a kid in a candy store!!! Bring lots of money !!

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its incredible! I live in the Tampa area and went every vendor is there every kind of coral is there and lots of knowledge from your favorite manufacturers. Also anything new on the market. i was like a kid in a candy store!!! Bring lots of money !!
I bet it is awesome.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kicking around the idea. It will be in Orlando in May. My husband just got his vaccine (dose 1) today. Ironically, I lost my sense of taste yesterday, so I'm getting a Covid test this afternoon. Hoping it is just allergies... but if we can both be vaccinated by the end of April, I'd love to go to Orlando. Not sure if we'd buy anything or no.... it is a 3 + hour rise back to Punta Gorda. I'd have to think about logistics. Pack a cooler with heat packs?
Is it all coral or do they also showcase fish?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm kicking around the idea. It will be in Orlando in May. My husband just got his vaccine (dose 1) today. Ironically, I lost my sense of taste yesterday, so I'm getting a Covid test this afternoon. Hoping it is just allergies... but if we can both be vaccinated by the end of April, I'd love to go to Orlando. Not sure if we'd buy anything or no.... it is a 3 + hour rise back to Punta Gorda. I'd have to think about logistics. Pack a cooler with heat packs?

Take care of yourself - hopefully it is just allergies! I have been to Reef-a-Palooza several times and, based on what I have seen in the past, there will be lots of coral, plenty of equipment vendors, and very few fish. There are lots of transport strategies - one approach that has worked for me on hot days is to take a cooler with ice packs and then take the ice packs out before I add the coral. This keeps the inside of the cooler cool when it is sitting in the car all day in the Florida sun.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a YT video of RAP Orlando 2019 that gives a quick peak of the experience:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 16.7%
Back