Who is having success with the biopellets?

joker295

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im running eco bak in my tank for 6 months and its been great.. reduces nitrate great but phosphate ok.. have to run a little bit of gfo to keep po4 in check..

CONSTANTNE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried bio pellets out and wasnt happy with the results. Removed them after about 4 months of patiently waiting for them to kick in.

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have cyano problems that I can't exactly attribute to the pellets but run them anyways. Both NO3 and PO4 are in check and colors look good.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using BRS pellets for 6 months now with great results. Everything looks and is doing great. I dose mb7 to supplement the bacterial colonies.

Sonny

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running WM Ecobak for coming up on a year and have been happy, I can feed relentlessly and maintain 0 nitrates and extremely low phosphates. I also dose MB7.

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about using biopellets but I run my ALK in the 10 dhk range. I know I would have to lower mine and am curious to know what everyone is keeping their ALK at??

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Ecobak since last August and it's worked well for me.

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love my pellets nitrates are always at 0 now no matter how much I feed before the pellets I could never get the nitrates under 20 finally have white sand & only have to clean the glass maybe 1xweek very happy

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started EcoBak in August 2010. I put 1 liter on my 200 gal system all at once and had a few issues due to dropping no3 and po4 too quickly. After things settled in, everything as been fine. Still running undetectable no3 and po4 is running .00 to .02 on my Hanna tester. I pulled my GFO reactor about 3 months ago and notice little change in my po4 level. I have added very little replacement pellets over 10 months, just one small addition.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back