Who is into building drones and RC Planes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joshwaggs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joshwaggs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2014
Messages
332
Reaction score
346
Location
VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both hobbies seem to require focus and patience. Makes sense people would be into both. I know of a few people here that are.
 
I used to do rc helis and planes.


I tried helicopters. Holy crap they are hard to fly.


I do rc cars. Use to have a bunch but now just down to a 1/5xmaxx, 1/6 Losi Super rock rey and 1/8 arrma nero.

Lol, I put cameras on cars and fpv them, but I have never built one or even owned a good one.
 
FPV racing quads, racing tricopters and generic long-distance drone flying for me :D haven't done it in months though! Just became a pain with the cold weather
YES! I’m not good at flying anything, but I love building them. FPV planes are a blast though and easier to fly (landing is the pain).
 
I was into FPV droning a few years ago before the FAA was cracking down, when they did I sold off my gear, but now it seems like they have backed off since most are now set with altitude limits. I am going to try to get back in it soon. I loved flying fast and low through the trees
 
I was into FPV droning a few years ago before the FAA was cracking down, when they did I sold off my gear, but now it seems like they have backed off since most are now set with altitude limits. I am going to try to get back in it soon. I loved flying fast and low through the trees
Yeah, I haven’t heard much about that new policy they were trying to create. It wasn’t realistic, so maybe they just walked away.
 
I just do the cars and trucks. I have 2 5th scale ones. Rest are 10th. I think I have close to 50 of them...o_O
 



I worked for four years on that system. Finally was able to leave my neighborhood and darn near cross to the other neighborhood all from inside. fresnel zone is uber hard radio work

control is 72 MHz vtx is 900

this was v2


v1 got smashed by a tan Tacoma, I think out of spite
 
Last edited:



I worked for four years on that system. Finally was able to leave my neighborhood and darn near cross to the other neighborhood all from inside. fresnel zone is uber hard radio work

control is 72 MHz vtx is 900

this was v2


v1 got smashed by a tan Tacoma, I think out of spite

I freaking love fpv cars. Did you use head tracking?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new