Who is reefing in SWVA?

9secv6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im new the Roanoke area. Have been dealing with Justin for a few months and he is amazing. I currently have a 57 gallon lagoon Zeroedge. Been running about 4 months. These Zeroedge tanks are definitely different and test your reefing nerves, but once you get them sorted out they can be beautiful.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I live in cburg. we used to have a pretty rockin' local NRV club (30+ members) back in the day that i'd like to try to re-kindle. we used to meet once a month at someone's house, or we'd have a tank crawl where we'd drive all over and spend ~15 mins at each person's tank.

I had been seriously slacking off for the past 10 years and am just getting serious again with a new 25g lagoon. it's only been running for about 5 months, i think i want to restack the rocks again so i havent glued anything up yet.

Whole Tank.jpg
IMG_20200112_191839.jpg
You got another sailfin! Yours back in the day was the first I ever saw in person. What lights are you running? I am dreading finishing up my 10 puck arrays for each tank down here.

swvahawker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im new the Roanoke area. Have been dealing with Justin for a few months and he is amazing. I currently have a 57 gallon lagoon Zeroedge. Been running about 4 months. These Zeroedge tanks are definitely different and test your reefing nerves, but once you get them sorted out they can be beautiful.
Pics please!

9secv6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First two pics are of the 22r I had for about two months and realized it was way to small

Next two pic are when I first set it up. Will get some updated ones tonight to show you guys

20190602_192159.jpg received_577220272802842.jpeg 20190815_225030.jpg 20190815_225104.jpg

manderx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got another sailfin! Yours back in the day was the first I ever saw in person. What lights are you running? I am dreading finishing up my 10 puck arrays for each tank down here.

i love sailfins, i'll always have one. also have a tomini in there (it reminds me of JC). i never thought i'd have this many fish in a 25g tank (sailfin, tomini, algae blenny (the GF demanded i buy him), 2 clowns, fridmani, and chromis). but it feels more like a 50g from the footprint.

i'm running kessils at the moment. old ones that i happened to have from previous tanks, a 360 and 160. i wanted to switch to AI, but my tank really hit it's stride recently so i want to let it ride for a while (and the GF's dog just got cancer, so can't afford anything now anyway). i do have a 400w/luminarc laying around that i might toss a radium in just for fun.

10 pucks per tank? doing another research study?

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome @andrewey ! I'm in Roanoke and commute to Christiansburg for work so I'm passing by Salem pretty much everyday...well not lately since I'm working from home due to COVID-19 but it's great to see more local reefers posting on these forums! I'd really love to get a full-on local reef club and/or frag swap setup if we can get more people active on here.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone in the SW area have any SPS/zoa frags they're looking to sell locally?

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Love to see frags swapping locally.

I'll likely be fragging these yellow/purple zoas very soon. They grow like crazy in my tank.
0501202305g.jpg

I have some Sunny D's(front), Utter Chaos(middle) and Gorilla Nipples(back) I'm growing out.
0501202305a.jpg

I also have Everlasting Gobstoppers and Clementines that I need to get better pictures of, but I hope to have frags of those very soon.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I saw your post on the Roanoke Reefkeeping group. Those are some good looking frags and great prices as well. That cyphastrea and the acans look amazing! I'm really tempted to go after a few but I just bought a bunch recently.

OP
OP
jjones

jjones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I saw your post on the Roanoke Reefkeeping group. Those are some good looking frags and great prices as well. That cyphastrea and the acans look amazing! I'm really tempted to go after a few but I just bought a bunch recently.

Haha I completely understand! Quarantine has made me go coral crazy sleep on it and let me know!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back