Who is this baby?

rainbow_yoshi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2025
Messages
63
Reaction score
50
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking in my tank and saw this guy. He appears like a baby starfish but has six appendages? Can anyone ID him for me?
I get my saltwater premixed from a LFS, have not bought anything else is a looooong time. I’m so confused.

My seafriends:

Orange starfish (forget the exact species)
Snails
Clown 1 and clown 2 (pair)
Font and pistol shrimp (pair)
Scooter Blenny.

My tank will be a year old next month. Thank you!
IMG_0784.jpeg


IMG_0785.jpeg
 
Thank you. This may be a dumb question but I am perplexed to where he came from. Could he have been in some of the pre mixed water from LFS? I haven’t purchased anything else in a reallllly long time!
No dumb questions! They are a pretty common hitchhiker and could have easily made it in on any frags, or if you have any live rock in your tank. From the picture, that one looks bigger, so he could have just started really small and has been hiding until now.
 
I have seen Asterina starfish eat sick zoanthids and they reproduce super fast, but really they don't bother me to bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new