WHO LIKES A CHALLENGE?

From https://gulfliverock.com/hitchhiker-id

Screenshot_20231030-215003.png


OP's coral

Screenshot_20231030-213636~2.png
 
Right now I’ve got 2 hitchhiker corals that came from Gulf Live that are up and growing. And some dendros that my overzealous Jawfish buried. Definitely fun trying to figure what they are. I’ve figured out the larger is a rose coral and maybe I should post to see what the other is besides a green lps.
 
Still not sure that is from the same region for where gulf rock is collected. I thought pagoda cup corals were a species of Duncans and from Australia area.
You'd think a former LFS owner would know this...
 
Yours is different than the original poster, yours looks like a tubastrea of some kind.
Aren't all tubastrea non-photosynthetic? I have never fed this coral or any coral in my tank in the last 3 years and my fish mostly get pellets.

Yours looks different than the OP's
The individual polyp/head structure is extremely similar. It is very fluffy in that pic. It is however not a branching type of growth.

Edit: mine looks a lot like Montastraea cavernosa.
 
Aren't all tubastrea non-photosynthetic? I have never fed this coral or any coral in my tank in the last 3 years and my fish mostly get pellets.


The individual polyp/head structure is extremely similar. It is very fluffy in that pic. It is however not a branching type of growth.

Edit: mine looks a lot like Montastraea cavernosa.
Not sure if they are all non photo synthetic. I have 3 NPS corals. I do have tubastrea and I don't always feed it. I assume it catches some copepods and amphipods at night that might just crawl on them. I have a ton though since I dose phyto daily.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new