Who uses anemone guards on wave pumps

  • Thread starter Thread starter jasonrusso
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,438
Reaction score
2,441
Location
Haverhill, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon Red Sea Max with a BTA. I am using 3 Current USA 660 wave pumps for circulation. The pumps are pretty small and so are the slits for the water.

The pumps did come with foam pre-filters but they clog up pretty quick and the flow goes way down. Do I need these as anemone guards? Can the anemone fit through the slits and get caught? I read stories about anemones getting caught and nuking the tank, but I am thinking those are bigger pumps like MP40s.

https://current-usa.com/pumps/eflux-accessory-wave-pumps/
 
They can definitely fit in there especially since the current will be pulling them in there.

I have to clean mine on my mp10 every 3 days or so.
 
I only use them when adding or transferring. Or when they split.
I call it “nem watch”.

Basically they are like jelly , so yea blender.

You can google anemone guards for some well designed diy ones that cut flow a lot less.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new