Who do they acquire next?

• Total voters

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Ryan Batcheller has plans to build a rocket to do sub orbital flights with Richard, Jeff and Elon

Either that.... or partner with Bill Gates to de-populate the Earth by 7 billion ppl in 50 years

Planet Earth GIF

Last edited:

RGoltz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to have the "sell shovels during the goldrush" mentality. I can't imagine an acquisition that involved livestock.
I would look at who they have been hiring or promoting. Jen (who they claim is a fish whisperer or something) and Elliot from Marine Collectors. Then consider that they were selling frag packs for some time.. I would not be surprised to see them acquire some livestock company. Since they are owned my an investment firm it is all about the margin. So, what service or product has a high matting if someone could accomplish it at scale and doesn’t have a clear competitor?

StarshipReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well technically BRS doesn't own any of these companies, Bertram Capital does. I wouldn't be surprised if petco ends up owning them in the next 5 years

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish BRS would buy out Live Aquaria and take over their livestock business.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at it this way. Ryan wants to develop new electronic-based reef products - rather than hire all that R&D talent and go on his own, he buys a company with a history of R&D and producing products... simple as that. He's not going to buy Algae Barn - he could create his own Algae Barn if he wanted to with very little (in the grand scheme of things) capital outlay. He's like a kid in a candy store, and he ain't buying Hershey bars, nah, he wants that Everlasting Gobstopper lol.
True he could create his own algae barn, however if he acquires it he can eliminate the competition.

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're in talks. They are thinking of acquiring me, but Im not for sale.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could just go to betrams website and it says…

So ya some online reptile place or other small animal probably.

76734FB5-54C3-4FF8-96C2-719F8E8D260F.png

HawkeyeDJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what they teach in business schools these days. Don't re-invent the wheel. Just find an enterprise that is working and buy it. If it is profitable, replicate it everywhere you can. If it is not sufficiently profitable, leverage the company to the hilt, put that money in your pocket and the company into bankruptcy. Easy peezy.

Back