Why All Frags Turning Green?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I as many have question the lighting. What lights and PARs are you utilizing?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing trace elements, maybe the tank is getting an overdose of some trace element that make corals bring out there green,

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Phosphates are screaming high and I've noticed that my red planet is now a green planet, and I have a lot of green in my tank where orange & yellow used to reside. I just tested and am at 30ppb Hanna ULR & while I am too lazy to do the math, I think that is @.12ppm?
Nitrate (just raised 5pp) Mg is also low 1280, and CA was 420 last week. I put the GFO back on-line.
Metal Halides, nothing else at the moment.

I probably did a water change once last month, Coralline algae is beating out the cyanno threat and I'm feeding lightly. My tank is suffering neglect but the greens are popping.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Phosphates are screaming high and I've noticed that my red planet is now a green planet, and I have a lot of green in my tank where orange & yellow used to reside. I just tested and am at 30ppb Hanna ULR & while I am too lazy to do the math, I think that is @.12ppm?
Nitrate (just raised 5pp) Mg is also low 1280, and CA was 420 last week. I put the GFO back on-line.
Metal Halides, nothing else at the moment.

I probably did a water change once last month, Coralline algae is beating out the cyanno threat and I'm feeding lightly. My tank is suffering neglect but the greens are popping.

I think it’s more like 0.09ppm, which isn’t screaming high, just high.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back