Why am I considering Metal halides???? Is something wrong with me?

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a big secret that MH is still the best lighting. There isn't anything wrong with you.

I chose LED on my current build but that's just my thing and fit the best with my room and build. That doesn't mean I don't know what the best is.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can some one please tell me I'm making mistake or something. It's just that i have being watching to many MH videos of how great it is for acro tanks. and i eventually want to fill my 400gallon 30'' deep tank with acro's. Right now now i have 7 led fixtures over my tank and 4 dual t5 fixtures. growth is so-so with acro's. Also i have not seeing a metal halides tank in over 10 years. and im not to hiped up on how some corals looked under MH.
20220505_222518.jpg
Do it! come back to halide. Join the light side:zany-face: I just bought a halide/T-5 hamilton fixture for my rebuild after running Radion for over a decade.

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your primary concern was the health and growth of your animals then you would use nothing but 6500k halides. Unfortunately, that is low on most people's priority list these days. I'd love to try halides but the cost of electricity is just too high in the UK now. It's killed halides I think. Ill have to stick to my T5's.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back