Why are all the GHL logos Solid Yellow when I enable the KH Director?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a new P4 system and found that when I click "KH DIRECTOR ENABLED" the blue GHL logos on the top of all the devices turns from blue to yellow. I read in the FAQ's this:

Yellow constantMemory has been reset – please reactivate control by confirming on the device

Does anybody know what this means or what I need to do?

Incidently, my first 2 readings were 6.3 and 6.6 so something isn't right. (It should be around 8.0). I've been using a KH Director for a few years so know how to calibrate, etc. This unit is brand new as is the P4 and the rest of the equipment.

Another observation that may be relevant: When connecting to GCC, it takes a very long time, much longer than it ever took with my previous GHL system.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow means that your doser container fill or empty levels are out of the limits in the ghl connect app. Check your doser container levels. If one lf them is out of the limit range then all logos will turn yellow. Usually the reagent dosing head or the waster water dosing head are the ones that activate this alarm.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow means that your doser container fill or empty levels are out of the limits in the ghl connect app. Check your doser container levels. If one lf them is out of the limit range then all logos will turn yellow. Usually the reagent dosing head or the waster water dosing head are the ones that activate this alarm.
I don't think that is the problem unless I'm missing something. These are my settings:

KH Sample: Switch off Level Monitorng (box is checked)
Capacity: 0
Min: 200
Container will be emptied

KH Reagent: Cap. 600
...will be Emptied

Waste: Cap: 1000
....will be Filled

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any notification? Do all the colors of the dosers looks green? 1878C8D2-4CBA-49B9-A2C5-A1CE1D1329AB.jpeg
CCDE6FD9-7072-45F8-BD1E-825DE5BEBCBD.jpeg

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if updating the firmware has anything to do with it. I started to do that (by connecting the KH only to the P4) but couldn't find a firmware to update. On the KH page, it reads: "Since firmware 7.24, the settings for...." so I assume that is my present firmware? Is that the most recent?
Thank you.

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t run a profilux so I dont know if the firmware is different than the 2.1SA doser. I'm almost sure that it has something to do with the “fill/empty” levels. Download ghl connect and confirm that you don’t have any notification. GHL main focus is the app and the cloud. You can try changing from will be emptied to will be filled or the other way to see if that works.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran the KH Director. Got a value of 6.7 (still way off, but I will figure out why lights are yellow before recalibrating probe and pumps again). But now, the light on the P4 is RED while the lights on all the other devices are still YELLOW.
I unchecked the ENABLE box on the KH Director page (GCC) and everything went back to BLUE.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what is the most current version for the KH Director and where I can find that download? It doesn't appear in the list when I click UPDATE FIRMWARE. My version appears to be 1.00 so I suspect it needs to be updated? Thanks.

Last edited:

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red probably means that your KH level is below your low limit. If you have not touched this the limit set by default is 7. If it's below that number it will trigger an alarm.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red probably means that your KH level is below your low limit. If you have not touched this the limit set by default is 7. If it's below that number it will trigger an alarm.
That sounds correct. Thank you. Do you know where I can find the most recent version update? I'm guessing this is the problem. My version shows 1.00.

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice here is to connect your device to wifi, then connect to ghl app and look for firmware updates within the app. I use Mac OS and gcc is not available and won’t be available per GHL team. Their main focus is the app and the cloud and Im sure you could do system updates via the app.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran the KH Director. Got a value of 6.7 (still way off, but I will figure out why lights are yellow before recalibrating probe and pumps again). But now, the light on the P4 is RED while the lights on all the other devices are still YELLOW.
I unchecked the ENABLE box on the KH Director page (GCC) and everything went back to BLUE.
Automatic kH testers sometimes need to run a week or so before the result stabilises.
After a running for a week do a recalibration and it'll settle down.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its still 1.00 as I know it.

From here

1653236640174.png

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse,

Regarding the solid Yellow light on all the devices, do you know what is meant by, "Memory has been reset--please reactivate control by confirming on the device." (I'm using GCC)

Thank you.
Jim

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you don't know, then I don't feel like such a dummy, so that makes me feel a little better! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I actually have it on "Standard w/o blinking." It must have something to do specifically with the KH Director since it only happens when I check the "ENABLE" box.

I submitted a ticket so will see what Vinny says (and post answer here for anyone interested).

Thanks!

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EURIKA!! Problem solved! .....but I don't fully understand it.

I played around with the settings in the Doser Page for the KH WASTE (since the "warning bell" on the app indicated that was the problem. I had it set for "Container will be filled" (which is correct) but with CAPACITY = 1000 ml and MAXIMUM set to 200ml. When I changed the 200 to 800, the yellow and red lights turned back to blue.

I have to read up on the significance of the "MAXIMUM" setting.....but if anyone wishes to tell me about it, that would be appreciated! :) Thanks!

At any rate, I'm now a happy camper after fussing with this all weekend!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already in post 2 you get the answer

CAPACITY = 1000 ml and MAXIMUM set to 200ml

My bold

I did not understand that you have a warning signal - I could not (or missed to) see that in your posts. If you are filling - the alarm will go when you reach the maximum level and you have set it to 200 ml. It means that you get an alarm when it is filled from 0 to 200 ml. If you change to 800 ml - you have 600 ml more to fill before it reach its maximum and you get an alarm.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. If you are filling - the alarm will go when you reach the maximum level and you have set it to 200 ml. It means that you get an alarm when it is filled from 0 to 200 ml. If you change to 800 ml - you have 600 ml more to fill before it reach its maximum and you get an alarm.

Sincerely Lasse
That explains it very well! Seems very simple now! (On my other P4 this never happened. I must have had something set differently. I would get warnings but no light changes).
Thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back