Why are my Acros turning green?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mitch0928
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
unfortunately i don’t have a par meter
I rented one from a LFS to see what my Orphek was doing to my tank. FWIW, I had it mounted 10" above water surface, and with 60%/100%/100%/60% channels intensities I was only coming up with 300s-400 at best middle of the tank (20" high). People still told me to raise the lights to 15" above surface and shared you may not always need to chase the PAR with this light. Maybe it's similar to other LED fixtures. I can assume that my PAR is much lower now. Even prior to raising the fixture it's less PAR than other people are pumping into their coral.
 
Get it girl.
here’s the new acro. i let it light acclimate before moving it up to the other acros. hopefully it colors well! is this a good spot for it to un rust or should i move it?

image.jpg
 
Question to those giving sage advice. I would like my acros to do better. I know if I raise the light intensity they would do better. I have a smooth skin green acro with pinkish tips that is doing super great! The rest not so much. Some are browned out and look like they want to color up. However I have a mixed reef tank. It is 2.3 years old. It is running well and most corals are growing and thriving. If I adjust the light intensity slowly will my other coral adapt. Also I run about 4 hours of whites. Should I increase this as well. Thanks for the posts and for any advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new