Why are my Acros turning green?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mitch0928
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You should max out the blues, Uv, v and bring up the whites a bit. I have a prime 16 on a 6 gallon side frag tank that grows acros very well with this schedule.
CDE5EB74-B01C-454F-AD8F-B9F265C72763.png
EA9362E2-F533-4E26-89C3-92CDDC9DF33B.jpeg
 
You are forgiven. Try slowly increasing the par. If your lights has an acclimation process, use that. I’d be happy to share my presets if you’d like.
yes they do. at the peak, my blues reach about 100%. i can put them on the mode to increase until max
 
is it safe to max out the intensities? always worried it would bleach my other corals
Crank them up and set a 2 week acclimation schedule.

And get your po4 up to 0.10 or drop your alk to 7.5. 0.03 po4 and 9.0 dKh is stressful on acros
 
Crank them up and set a 2 week acclimation schedule.

And get your po4 up to 0.10 or drop your alk to 7.5. 0.03 po4 and 9.0 dKh is stressful on acros
guess i’ll get my po4 up. i can’t keep low alk or it ticks off my other coral
 
guess i’ll get my po4 up. i can’t keep low alk or it ticks off my other coral
guess i’ll get my po4 up. i can’t keep low alk or it ticks off my other coral
7.5 shouldn’t cause coral stress but ok. Raise that po4 and par and you should be heading in the right direction.
 
7.5 shouldn’t cause coral stress but ok. Raise that po4 and par and you should be heading in the right direction.
got it thanks. i’ve kept them at 8.5 no problem so i’ll lean for that and i’ll start the acclimation for lights tonight. thanks!
 
You should max out the blues, Uv, v and bring up the whites a bit. I have a prime 16 on a 6 gallon side frag tank that grows acros very well with this schedule.
CDE5EB74-B01C-454F-AD8F-B9F265C72763.png
This isnt for every tank. I have a WB20 and No where near that % or watts with amazing color. I havent ran par but I bet I could be around 200
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new