Why are my white zombies so white?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dj Medic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dj Medic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2025
Messages
86
Reaction score
57
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't used to look like this but they slowly started turning very white. They're on the sand surrounded by other zoas that I got so I don't think they're bleaching but I could be wrong. It gets around 100 par on the sand. There's 1 on the side that looks somewhat normal.
1000079861.jpg
1000079860.jpg
 
If you didn't have the one that looks like a true white zombie i would have for sure thought it was like a hawaiian type zoa. I would if you can try and frag that plug in half and put a frag up in higher lighting and the other in lower and see how they both react. I've had other zoas do the same thing in different lighting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new