SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200122_170454.jpg
Definitely a carbon source in vibrant.
and when I look at MB7, it states it has a "proprietary blend of enzymes" aka amino acids..

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to dose vibrant, microbactor7, and zeobac. Tank is too young to see long term results of all that though. Someday I'll know if all this works for me and my tank.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decent nitrates (4ppm) but high phosphates (0.1-0.12 ppm). I have started to use Phosphat-E for phosphate removal. As such, should I only use Zeobak for adding bacteria? I don't see a need to use ZeoStart3?

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to dose vibrant, microbactor7, and zeobac. Tank is too young to see long term results of all that though. Someday I'll know if all this works for me and my tank.
You actually have to dose these to the tank! It won’t work if you drink it & expect results from your tank. That’s a different product!:)

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
report back monthly; lets see if there's merit to the thought. there are plenty of people who are successful on either end of the spectrum.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Christmas, I am dosing ZeoBak, Vibrant, MB7, and ProBio. I also increased my fish from 20 to 50, increased feeding from 1 cube a day to 3 cubes a day along with Nori, and resumed adding vinegar to my Kalkwasser. I am also now adding Acro Power and ME Polyp Extender. My reef will either kick in or implode. Only time will tell.
Cheers! Mark

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Christmas, I am dosing ZeoBak, Vibrant, MB7, and ProBio. I also increased my fish from 20 to 50, increased feeding from 1 cube a day to 3 cubes a day along with Nori, and resumed adding vinegar to my Kalkwasser. I am also now adding Acro Power and ME Polyp Extender. My reef will either kick in or implode. Only time will tell.
Cheers! Mark
thats alot. lol

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decent nitrates (4ppm) but high phosphates (0.1-0.12 ppm). I have started to use Phosphat-E for phosphate removal. As such, should I only use Zeobak for adding bacteria? I don't see a need to use ZeoStart3?

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think your N and P are spot on, not high, not low.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lower PO4 for what? It's fine.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should preface that my tank is only 1 year old, and I'm having trouble with SPS. It seems I read everywhere that PO4 should be right around 0.03; I also feel like I've read that higher PO4 can inhibit coral growth. But if you think 0.1 is acceptable, I can easily keep it there. Circling back to my original question - if I don't care much about lowering NO3 and PO4, can I just dose Zeobak, or should I be using Zeostart3 as well?

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should preface that my tank is only 1 year old, and I'm having trouble with SPS. It seems I read everywhere that PO4 should be right around 0.03; I also feel like I've read that higher PO4 can inhibit coral growth. But if you think 0.1 is acceptable, I can easily keep it there. Circling back to my original question - if I don't care much about lowering NO3 and PO4, can I just dose Zeobak, or should I be using Zeostart3 as well?
How stable is your alkalinity? What about your lighting?

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alkalinity is an interesting one... here is a link to the post I just posted a few days ago in regards to the problems I'm having keeping SPS in my tank... Any insight you have would be very appreciated! https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/sps-keep-dying-please-help-tank-parameters-seem-ideal.681752/
Very interesting read. Pfew. I don’t know. Raising of the alk that much without dosing is pretty strange to say the least. My main suspect is your refugium though, maybe that’s so efficient with the Kessil, that it is outcompeting bacteria and hence corals. Maybe it’s pulling out too much co2 - if such a thing is even possible. If I were you I’d reduce the fuge lighting to 4hrs as a start. No, honestly if I were you, I’d take the fuge offline for now as-is. You also mention you live close to the sea. I’d take the opportunity & do some water changes with nsw.
The above is 100% guessing, so do at own risk & after consideration.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im going to start posting all the new thread that have problem with sps here and we can all join in and discuss about it and hopefully we can solve and help out the reefer and along the way we can improve our reefing skills

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back