why catostylus mosaicus grow smaller

Jellyfishcat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my bubbler jellyfishes in jellyfish tank, they already adapt it and swi
IMG20230328021700.jpg
m well.There's only one question : why my catostylus mosaicus grow smaller,they eat a lot of hatched baby brine shrimp.plz someone answer me,l hope my jellies grow bigger.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only experince is raising upside down jellies but I would guess not enough or improper food or maybe a lighting issue. Does your supplier offer a specialized food for them and have you tried it? Or have you contacted them to see what they suggest?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my bubbler jellyfishes in jellyfish tank, they already adapt it and swi
IMG20230328021700.jpg
m well.There's only one question : why my catostylus mosaicus grow smaller,they eat a lot of hatched baby brine shrimp.plz someone answer me,l hope my jellies grow bigger.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Two issues with this species;

1) They require pretty strong light to supply energy to their symbiotic zooxanthellic algae. When that algae doesn't get enough light, the jelly turns pale and shrinks and eventually dies.

2) Newly hatched live baby brine is lacking in essential fatty acids that jellies need. You need to hold the live brine through the fourth instar (or third, I forget) but about 18 hours after hatching. At that time, the brine has a mouth to feed with. You then need to feed the brine shrimp food that is high in these fatty acids. I use Selco (not Selcon) but other people use algae paste and even dried rotifer food.

Jay

OP
OP
Jellyfishcat

Jellyfishcat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for answering my questions ☺️
I fed my bubbler jellyfishes twice a day,and l bought suarium led light:aqua knight v2 to illuminate them,but l've read an article which says that the percentage of nutrition derived from the algae is small. l still keep illuminate them with Full Spectrum by setting up 6 hrs strong blue light and 6 hrs medium white light mixed blue light. I don't know which is enough or not. There aren't obvious changing after l started illuminate them,such as color changing or growing bigger. The article is as below or maybe l done something wrong. Thank you for answering my questions again:)
Screenshot_2023-04-08-02-45-48-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back