Why do bta’s lose the bubble tips?

Iant419

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will make it my mission to get rich off this haha. Mine is sitting directly under a ai prime. Although it was under an eco tech before I got it. So maybe it is lights.
What have you discovered my man?

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine for a few months and it was all bubbly, then i was told they should be fed or they could starve and die, was told to use a chunk of silversides. So i thawed one, cut in pieces maybe 1/2" long and fed it. One time i fed it. It lost all its bubbles within a couple days. Two years later, and 2 splits, it still has no bubbles. Just my experience.

i had the exact same experience! except I fed it a chuck of a brine/bloodworm cube.

Spalloner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you figure it out you may be able to make millions
It's 100% light. I've had the same bubble tip anatomy for over 7 years it split multiple times it had the wavy arms when I bought it in the local fish store. It has had wavy arms the entire time I have had including all of its offspring. I have not changed anything in my tank including water chemistry I recently had to change light fixtures and all of my BTA'S now have bubble tips

Spalloner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 100% light. I've had the same bubble tip anatomy for over 7 years it split multiple times it had the wavy arms when I bought it in the local fish store. It has had wavy arms the entire time I have had including all of its offspring. I have not changed anything in my tank including water chemistry I recently had to change light fixtures and all of my BTA'S now have bubble tips
Anemone

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not. I have bubble tips in the same light sitting right next to each other some are bubble and some aren't.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the one without the bubbles hosting any fish?
None of them are. My clowns look at them with interest but no go. They do feed them which I find odd
20231110_223434.jpg
20231031_164643.jpg

Last edited:

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last pic look bottom right its half bubbled half long go figure

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be willing to bet it's a certain trace element that makes them bubble. My RBTA's never bubbled until I started Dosing Reef Moonshine.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be willing to bet it's a certain trace element that makes them bubble. My RBTA's never bubbled until I started Dosing Reef Moonshine.
If it was a missing element how does that explain some of mine bubble and ones right next to them dont

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back