Why do bta’s lose the bubble tips?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tyguy35
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I will make it my mission to get rich off this haha. Mine is sitting directly under a ai prime. Although it was under an eco tech before I got it. So maybe it is lights.
What have you discovered my man?
 
I had mine for a few months and it was all bubbly, then i was told they should be fed or they could starve and die, was told to use a chunk of silversides. So i thawed one, cut in pieces maybe 1/2" long and fed it. One time i fed it. It lost all its bubbles within a couple days. Two years later, and 2 splits, it still has no bubbles. Just my experience.

i had the exact same experience! except I fed it a chuck of a brine/bloodworm cube.
 
If you figure it out you may be able to make millions
It's 100% light. I've had the same bubble tip anatomy for over 7 years it split multiple times it had the wavy arms when I bought it in the local fish store. It has had wavy arms the entire time I have had including all of its offspring. I have not changed anything in my tank including water chemistry I recently had to change light fixtures and all of my BTA'S now have bubble tips
 
It's 100% light. I've had the same bubble tip anatomy for over 7 years it split multiple times it had the wavy arms when I bought it in the local fish store. It has had wavy arms the entire time I have had including all of its offspring. I have not changed anything in my tank including water chemistry I recently had to change light fixtures and all of my BTA'S now have bubble tips
Anemone
 
It's 100% light. I've had the same bubble tip anatomy for over 7 years it split multiple times it had the wavy arms when I bought it in the local fish store. It has had wavy arms the entire time I have had including all of its offspring. I have not changed anything in my tank including water chemistry I recently had to change light fixtures and all of my BTA'S now have bubble tips
Its not. I have bubble tips in the same light sitting right next to each other some are bubble and some aren't.
 
Do the bubbles come and go? Or once they go that’s it?
 
Is the one without the bubbles hosting any fish?
None of them are. My clowns look at them with interest but no go. They do feed them which I find odd
20231110_223434.jpg
20231031_164643.jpg
 
Last edited:
My last pic look bottom right its half bubbled half long go figure
 
I would be willing to bet it's a certain trace element that makes them bubble. My RBTA's never bubbled until I started Dosing Reef Moonshine.
 
I would be willing to bet it's a certain trace element that makes them bubble. My RBTA's never bubbled until I started Dosing Reef Moonshine.
If it was a missing element how does that explain some of mine bubble and ones right next to them dont
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new