Why do I never hear from Battle Corral?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking the other day how come I never get any emails or announcements from Battle corral’s? I get all sorts of sale announcements from vendors I’ll never buy from again but never sale announcement from battle who I id actually like to buy stuff from on occasion.
Would it kill your to send me an email 2-4 times a year when you have a big sale so i can give you more money?

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was just thinking the other day how come I never get any emails or announcements from Battle corral’s? I get all sorts of sale announcements from vendors I’ll never buy from again but never sale announcement from battle who I id actually like to buy stuff from on occasion.
Would it kill your to send me an email 2-4 times a year when you have a big sale so i can give you more money?
Many years ago as I was aquatinting with one of my shipping vendors m and he asked me, "are you some kind of cowboy or something? " And i was like "um not at all what makes you ask that? "Well, I saw the corral in your name and figured you dealt with fighting cattle or something like that. Some kind of rowdy rodeo” "No, it's coral, not corral my friend. like from the sea". We both had a laugh as I corrected him, and every once a while I tell this story. lol

Anyway. Thanks for the question! I honestly love that you asked this. Answer is simple. Because I can't stand any of that stuff! LOL. The sell sell! SELL!!! and then keep selling till your blue mentality and I don't really gel so much in this regard.

I like to contribute to the forum with articles and relevant stuff as often as possible, and have years worth of debatably valuable write ups in my forum. But spamming and all that kind of stuff, I'm afraid you'll never get it from me. lol

I do announce on multiple platform these, days any time I have a sale though. I mean if you're on reef2reef even a littel bit, I'd like to think, you can't miss one of my sale threads.

Having said that, I have solidified a few dates out of the year that I will undoubtedly have a sale. And they are as follows.

Black Friday
Halloween
Maybe xmas probably not though
Memorial Day
Superb Owl sale feb sometime
my B-day questionable
Laser day sale

Last edited:

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Find the battlecorals vendor sub form and click the watch button. If you do that, new threads, many of which are sale threads, will be added to your notifications.

But battlecorals is an old school vibe that predates today's frenzy sales. Most of the sales are very tongue n' cheek and poke a lot of fun at the way other businesses market "super sales". As such the marketing for the sales is low key.hth

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As a genuine question, are you on social media at all? He almost always posts about his sales on Facebook and Instagram
Right! there have been a couple of cheeky "secret sales" over the years that you'd just have to get lucky to get in on, but everything else I've been pretty open about, here and on IG for sure.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does Adam always have to make the effort, ever hear the saying 'Check up on your strong friends"?

I always see 'What are you doing, Adam'
But I never see 'How are you doing, Adam'

So Adam, I ask...
How Are You Doing Your Black Friday Sale!

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does Adam always have to make the effort, ever hear the saying 'Check up on your strong friends"?

I always see 'What are you doing, Adam'
But I never see 'How are you doing, Adam'

So Adam, I ask...
How Are You Doing Your Black Friday Sale!
this is actually hilarious

OP
OP
H

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago as I was aquatinting with one of my shipping vendors m and he asked me, "are you some kind of cowboy or something? " And i was like "um not at all what makes you ask that? "Well, I saw the corral in your name and figured you dealt with fighting cattle or something like that. Some kind of rowdy rodeo” "No, it's coral, not corral my friend. like from the sea". We both had a laugh as I corrected him, and every once a while I tell this story. lol

Anyway. Thanks for the question! I honestly love that you asked this. Answer is simple. Because I can't stand any of that stuff! LOL. The sell sell! SELL!!! and then keep selling till your blue mentality and I don't really gel so much in this regard.

I like to contribute to the forum with articles and relevant stuff as often as possible, and have years worth of debatably valuable write ups in my forum. But spamming and all that kind of stuff, I'm afraid you'll never get it from me. lol

I do announce on multiple platform these, days any time I have a sale though. I mean if you're on reef2reef even a littel bit, I'd like to think, you can't miss one of my sale threads.

Having said that, I have solidified a few dates out of the year that I will undoubtedly have a sale. And they are as follows.

Black Friday
Halloween
Memorial Day
my B-day questionable
Laser day sale
It’s not spam if I want it lol. I’d just like to see a news letter from time to time some announcements, sales highlights. Even 2-4 times a year. The social networks are pretty noisy so in trend to stays off then but the emails I like but maybe I’m just getting old.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It’s not spam if I want it lol. I’d just like to see a news letter from time to time some announcements, sales highlights. Even 2-4 times a year. The social networks are pretty noisy so in trend to stays off then but the emails I like but maybe I’m just getting old.
I hear you. In fact that makes good sense to me. I really appreciate the perspective.

I could definitely see sending one or two out a year. Newsletter style or something along these lines and very much something people I’ll have to opt in to receive.

I like man. Thanks for bringing this up. I’m going to get something going on this one for sure.

OP
OP
H

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you. In fact that makes good sense to me. I really appreciate the perspective.

I could definitely see sending one or two out a year. Newsletter style or something along these lines and very much something people I’ll have to opt in to receive.

I like man. Thanks for bringing this up. I’m going to get something going on this one for sure.
Yeah think of if like a well curated Christmas card. From time to time I think in my busy life hey I have these awesome corals from Adam, I wonder how he’s doing. Sure I could reach out (I just did) but you can as well and it’s not spam if it you have something interesting to say. Or somebody new product I might want. Im a huge fan of what you do and I’d like to hear from you of you have something to say.

I had a slow day today so I read most of the form but for example of what you might include:
A summary of what’s going’s on with you. New frags, update on coral care light or whatever other new insight you have. Maybe a plug for some of those overgrown frags that need new homes. Maybe some info on a sale or promo.
I do realize a newsletter more effort for you to do this but it’s also got better/more timely reach so is a trade off. If it’s clearly a well thought out with something interesting too say I think most folks would be happy to get it. I would anyway.

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The worst ones are businesses that spam you because you contacted them at one point or bought from them. I added a phone number to an order and ended up with text messages of their "sales" :confounded-face:

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Black Friday
Halloween
Memorial Day
my B-day questionable
Laser day sale

Yeah think of if like a well curated Christmas card.

Now…there’s the Christmas thought…no sale. Just a Christmas newsletter announcing the next years solidified sales dates and maybe a suggestion to follow on IG or FB for occasional “pop up” sales

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The worst ones are businesses that spam you because you contacted them at one point or bought from them. I added a phone number to an order and ended up with text messages of their "sales" :confounded-face:
oh man I hear you. why I hate giving out my phone#. I don't know why this people think this is a good idea. but between random spam and text calls my phone is just a wasteland now

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man I hear you. why I hate giving out my phone#. I don't know why this people think this is a good idea. but between random spam and text calls my phone is just a wasteland now
I am proud to occasionally contribute to this wasteland as if I were Bethesda marketing a new Fallout!!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back