Why do my zoas look like this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cnjcpb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cnjcpb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2024
Messages
120
Reaction score
23
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are my zoas stretching and turning inside out ? I have my lights at 95% blues & 85% white. There should be ample par. Parameters are all good. I did just treat my tanks for ostreo Dino’s with UV, but I’m running Carbon and changing it every few days.

Temp 79
Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.1
Kh 8.5-9.0
Calcium 420
Mag 1200
Nitrate 20
Phosphate .20 - .25

IMG_1572.jpeg
 
What light are you using? Mine did that on the sand bed but once I moved them up closer to the light they stopped stretching. I use a Prine 16HD on 25g lagoon tank. I have them about half way up the rock work now about 20” below the light.
 
Upvote 0
They look fully extended; what is the lighting for your tank? Zoas will do this if they need more light
 
Upvote 0
What light are you using? Mine did that on the sand bed but once I moved them up closer to the light they stopped stretching. I use a Prine 16HD on 25g lagoon tank. I have them about half way up the rock work now about 20” below the light.
I’m using a budget light from Amazon. It puts out quite a bit of par. Hipargeo A100. I lowered my light about 4” to see if that helps before I pull the coral off the rock.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    823.6 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new