Why do people support Red Sea?

When I purchased my Red Seas 250 system 7+ years back I do not recall rereading about seam failures and the systems were highly regarded.
Now that my seam failed this past weekend I can say this seam issue is real at least to me.

Anyways I spoke to the insurance person and he said that in our area most tank issues he sees are broken glass and perhaps two a year. He has not seen a seam failure!!! Had to show him video of the tank leaking…

It may be that Ref Sea figured out the customer base, most reefers move on long before the seam fail!!!
Hate to hear about your seam failure. That really sucks
 
So as the title suggests, why do people continue to support Red Sea? I just saw on another site, ANOTHER complete seam failure. How many corals and fish have died due to this company? How much money have people lost? And yet Red Sea never stands behind anything.

So my question is, why support this company? I refuse to buy not just their tanks, but any of their products. Not their algae scrubbers, not their lights, not their dosing products, not even their salt. I feel like if more would do so, then maybe they would fix their product and make something worth standing behind.
Great marketing IMO. And the bad news just doesn't get out there.

I got rid of my tank before disaster set in, and then got so mad I sold the ReefLED90's, the reefmat, the skimmer, any and everything that had their name on it is gone from my house.
 
So as the title suggests, why do people continue to support Red Sea? I just saw on another site, ANOTHER complete seam failure. How many corals and fish have died due to this company? How much money have people lost? And yet Red Sea never stands behind anything.

So my question is, why support this company? I refuse to buy not just their tanks, but any of their products. Not their algae scrubbers, not their lights, not their dosing products, not even their salt. I feel like if more would do so, then maybe they would fix their product and make something worth standing behind.
Great marketing IMO. And the bad news just doesn't get out there.

I got rid of my tank before disaster set in, and then got so mad I sold the ReefLED90's, the reefmat, the skimmer, any and everything that had their name on it is gone from my house.
I don’t blame you one single bit. And that’s pretty much my mentality with them as well.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new