Why do post get removed when asked for opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justanano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If people open a thread and ask for someone's opinion about a suppier/ reef equipment or anything else why do mods move it to vendor feed back and close the threads? I think that is wrong and stopping people from expressing their opinions.. is it because nobody can say anything about a supporting vendor? If people ask for an opinion that's what they should get not silenced and deleted like it seems to happen....if it was a thread praising the company it would be open and nobody would move it, close it, or erase post

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These concerns are between vendor and customer and in many cases these vendors are our spomsors and we need to let them resolve issues amicably.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't normally get closed unless others, with the exception of the vendor and customer get involved.

That's the whole point of that section. To make public how, and if any problems are resolved.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't normally get closed unless others, with the exception of the vendor and customer get involved.

That's the whole point of that section. To make public how, and if any problems are resolved.
These concerns are between vendor and customer and in many cases these vendors are our spomsors and we need to let them resolve issues
The OP was asking about opinions others have of vendors not asking others to give opinions on a dispute with a vendor.

My guess is the forum doesn’t want to get involved with issues like this, I can understand it, some are sponsoring the site and those that aren’t it’s not really down to R2R to referee spats/negative opinions others have with 3rd parties, if they did it would be a full time job.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure which thread you're referring to, but I'll point you to the feedback forum rules which govern all feedback threads (not just those pertaining to our sponsors). We operate with these guidelines whether dealing with vendors (sponsor or non-sponsor) or private sellers/buyers. The rules are in place to facilitate the feedback forum for its intended purpose.

I will also add that our feedback forum isn't intended to be a place where people can pile on about any party or transaction. We are all too familiar with a culture of social media where entities (people or companies) can be put on blast and then others jump on to attack. We want R2R to be a different kind of platform where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.

It is our goal that in situations where a party (buyer or seller) experiences a negative transaction that we keep outside comments out of those feedback threads so that the buyer and seller can hopefully come to a peaceful resolution without having to sift through outside opinions. We've had this approach for years and we've seen it work.

I hope that clears up the question, but if you have further concerns, feel free to reach out to me or any staff member. We're happy to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back