Tangs wouldn't volunteer that for sure

Last edited:

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people understand what's at stake they can't claim ignorance anymore. We've all had our digressions in this hobby but most us learn and take a different approach. Ignorance is not a virtue. Some people man.....

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm trying to understand is how he successfully kept it for 4 years in those conditions.
Cuz it never once opened it's mouth to verbally complain, remember? Yellow tangs can talk, you know that right?

ZoaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think any of us here would seriously put a hippo tang in a 10 gallon.
What rubs some people the wrong way is when somebody says a yellow tang won't be happy in anything less than a 16 foot long tank.

The extreme over-exaggeration of fish's needs is the other extreme that I think should be avoided. They may not talk, but we can tell when a fish is stressed. That should be the language we pay attention to as hobbyists, IMHO.

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people understand what's at stake they can't claim ignorance anymore. We've all had our digressions in this hobby but most us learn and take a different approach. Ignorance is not a virtue. Some people man.....
Honestly, I prefer to have all the knowledge before I have to experience anything. Learning by experience is important, sure, but failure should nonetheless be avoided when possible. I mean, yeah, the money's yours, but what we're dealing with are lives: living, breathing, pain feeling animals, that have as much right to life as we do.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I prefer to have all the knowledge before I have to experience anything. Learning by experience is important, sure, but failure should nonetheless be avoided when possible. I mean, yeah, the money's yours, but what we're dealing with are lives: living, breathing, pain feeling animals, that have as much right to life as we do.
So I guess you haven't made mistakes in this hobby? I don't think you quite understood what I said there. Everyone should research and plan before setting up and sticking. The reality is the majority don't.

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smells like a second account someone trolling post to me....just sayin.

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess you haven't made mistakes in this hobby? I don't think you quite understood what I said there. Everyone should research and plan before setting up and sticking. The reality is the majority don't.
I agree. And what I said was in concord with your previous statement.

But I do believe you didn't understand what I said. What I was saying is that a lot of loss can be eliminated by doing proper research. Experience is a good way to learn, but it's better to experience only that which can be learned only through experience.

JaimeIsNew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JUST TOTALLY IGNORE ANYONE TRYING TO BE RUDE TO YOU ABOUT WHAT KIND OF FISH YOU KEEP WHERE. lAST TIME I CHECKED, THEY DONT HAVE THE POWER TO TAKE YOUR FIRST BORN, ETC AND IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THEY SAY ON THIS FORUM, THEN DONT READ IT.
I KEPT A YELLOW TANG IN MY 10 GAL TANK FOR OVER 4 YEARS AND I NEVER HEARD IT COMPLAIN EVEN ONCE.
Why are you YELLING? Lol

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back