Why does my BTA look like this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter njreejer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

njreejer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
176
Reaction score
84
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
31E95623-8F71-4A20-915B-2916052FC37E.jpeg
Is it in the process of dying? Don’t know why the center is turning white
 
If the mouth is open and guts are spewing out it might be dying. The polyps being stretched makes me think it didn't get food or it wasn't able to get enough light. Can it still attatch?
 
If the mouth is open and guts are spewing out it might be dying. The polyps being stretched makes me think it didn't get food or it wasn't able to get enough light. Can it still attatch?
Mouth is closed & puckered up like normal. It got a little less now
 
Ah as long as the mouth is closed that is good. What kind of light and feeding do you provide it?
LED’s, blues 90 & whites 30. Also, I feed it a small piece of thawed mysis cube every other day. After every feeding it extends & gets even bubblier than it previously was. Only had it for a week now though
 
I’m from NJ also.

I don’t see anything to be concerned about. I wouldn’t feed it so much. They don’t need much food and over feeding can help them split.
 
I’m from NJ also.

I don’t see anything to be concerned about. I wouldn’t feed it so much. They don’t need much food and over feeding can help them split.
Hey there, I’m from the Edison area.

I’m overfeeding so it can split quicker. Originally bought two but one decided to take a trip to the powerheads & overflow the second night I got it so have to replace that one now haha
 
Hey there, I’m from the Edison area.

I’m overfeeding so it can split quicker. Originally bought two but one decided to take a trip to the powerheads & overflow the second night I got it so have to replace that one now haha
I’m in flemington area. Great choices for LFS in the area.

That sucks. Anemones a weird and will make you worry with odd behavior.
I started with one and have about 16. Trying to remove them and find homes. Constant feeding sped up splits but mine still split often.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new