Why is detritus bad?

I am bare bottom and have little if any buildup.
My sump, however has I don't know what in it and I just leave it there.
Never thought about whether it's good or bad.
It just is.
Plus cleaning out my sump doesn't sound that desirable.
I don't know what a rip clean is or why it's mentioned so much but it sounds heinous and rash so I'm not doing that either.
 
I don't know what a rip clean is or why it's mentioned so much but it sounds heinous and rash so I'm not doing that either.
Shhh that is like saying beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetleju…..

beetlejuice GIF


Most of us would prefer to avoid the show… it gets very messy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new