Why is detritus bad?

I am bare bottom and have little if any buildup.
My sump, however has I don't know what in it and I just leave it there.
Never thought about whether it's good or bad.
It just is.
Plus cleaning out my sump doesn't sound that desirable.
I don't know what a rip clean is or why it's mentioned so much but it sounds heinous and rash so I'm not doing that either.
 
I don't know what a rip clean is or why it's mentioned so much but it sounds heinous and rash so I'm not doing that either.
Shhh that is like saying beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetleju…..

beetlejuice GIF


Most of us would prefer to avoid the show… it gets very messy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new