Why is Ecotech equipment so unreliable?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shane1975
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've had a problem with one mp10 out of 4 that I have with the magnet not holding the wet side in place, but none of my 4 mp40's have ever had issues.

However, my luck with Jebao is not so good, as I tried the cheap route, and the 2 I had broke within 12 months.
 
The main thing to keep in mind is very expensive brands with MAP pricing get pushed hard by sellers not because they are great products but because they are very profitable to sell. Sometimes these brands are also very good...but most of the time if a product is both very good and very profitable it would be priced to high to sell. So when you see everyone and their brother pushing the heck out of a MAP priced item it's usually safe to assume you are overpaying for the name.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new