Why is GCC capping dosing times?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why, but it is 8 manual dose times or 150 automated dosing times per day for the stand alone doser.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slave doser you could get creative. You could stack multiple timers in advance logic and tie them to a switch port which in turn ties to the doser with the P4. Then it come down to how many you looking for before it can be achieved with automated dosing.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still testing need to wait 24 hours to see the ML results inside my container. I am testing this right now for you on a P4 connected to a spare doser head. So far looks like it is working.

First we need two Timers

Timer: 1 ( This is your dosing schedule. With a understanding your only going to be doing it 1/2 of this time. (I know should have included Friday :))
upload_2019-4-8_19-42-55.png

Timer: 2 (Is set up for the times you would dose for)
upload_2019-4-8_19-46-3.png

Advance Program Logic

With the two timers we created above we are going to tied them together with a And Statement

upload_2019-4-8_19-48-3.png

Assign the Program Logic to the Switch Channel:

Find a Free Switch Channel Port and assign the Program logic we created in the step before
upload_2019-4-8_19-50-3.png

Assign that Switch channel your Doser Port:

With the Switch Channel now programmed we now assign that to your doser.

upload_2019-4-8_19-52-12.png

I can also show how to do this is GHL Connect App also if you would like, I just knew you were using the desktop application in your other posts :)

The above would dose only when both timers are on :)

So does this dose 1/2 the amount, or does it compress the automatic amount into the new time frame? Thanks. :)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It dosed the 1/2 amount. The second timer worked like a charm. I am running a few more test but my test container was 12 dose amount and not 24.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It dosed the 1/2 amount. The second timer worked like a charm. I am running a few more test but my test container was 12 dose amount and not 24.
Thanks. Good to know. I'm possibly going to look at doing a 70:30 (photoperiod:darkness) split of the amount dosed based on alkalinity consumption, so this might help with that.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 26.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back