Why is my 3rd RO thing not filling up?

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are having issues with the resin not filling up and the clean water is jittering as if there is an air leak but no water is leaking form the joins the DI only starts filling when I put my finger uptop

image.jpg

Last edited:

Sdbuehler1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me like you are running it backwards, the red line should be the untreated water coming in and the blue line should be the treated water coming out.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share us the front side, unclear where the tubes are going. I would look at BRS Videos on RO/DI as they all hook up the same. Once hooked correctly p, up you may have to partially unscrew the Canister to Let the Air out.

OP
OP
vcnt

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me like you are running it backwards, the red line should be the untreated water coming in and the blue line should be the treated water coming out.

Can you share us the front side, unclear where the tubes are going. I would look at BRS Videos on RO/DI as they all hook up the same. Once hooked correctly p, up you may have to partially unscrew the Canister to Let the Air out.

You may have low water pressure across your RO membrane. What does your gauge read?
Around 50
IMG_2221.jpeg
IMG_2222.jpeg
IMG_2220.jpeg
IMG_2219.jpeg
IMG_2218.jpeg
IMG_2217.jpeg

Sdbuehler1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a little confused by your setup, was this ever working before? The incoming water should go into the first two stages and then through the membranes up top and then through the DI resin (3rd chamber) last where it exits which should be the blue line. I cant tell from you your pics what color line is the incoming water but it looks like maybe the black line is and that is correctly going into the first stage. The blue line coming out of the DI (3rd stage) should be your exit line but I cant tell where that is going. The yellow line appears to be exiting from the membrane (up top) and that seems odd as it should be feeding into the DI stage.

RabidDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume this to be: 1. Filter floss, 2 Carbon Filter, 3. RO filter, 4. Mixed DI resin setup. This is also the order of water flow.
The filter floss looks brown from these pictures... as in used up, plugged.... needing replacment. This is going to lower your water pressure, replacing it will raise it.

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The canister holding the DI cartridge can and may have air in it and won't hurt anything. Unlike the sediment or carbon filters that are permeable from top to bottom the DI cartridge is a solid sided container with an inlet on the bottom and outlet on the top housed inside the clear canister, the water will "trickle" down the inside of the clear canister housing and must enter the bottom of the DI cartridge up through the DI resin then out the top through the center. The DI cartridge inside of your clear canister does not have air in it as it would evacuate out the top with water pressure.

OP
OP
vcnt

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The canister holding the DI cartridge can and may have air in it and won't hurt anything. Unlike the sediment or carbon filters that are permeable from top to bottom the DI cartridge is a solid sided container with an inlet on the bottom and outlet on the top housed inside the clear canister, the water will "trickle" down the inside of the clear canister housing and must enter the bottom of the DI cartridge up through the DI resin then out the top through the center. The DI cartridge inside of your clear canister does not have air in it as it would evacuate out the top with water pressure.
But I am getting very little good water and a Loy of waste water , this started after I replaced one of the membrane canisters because one of them was crack

RabidDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have the RO flush valve open?
After creating your DI/RO water you are recommended to flush out the RO membranes by opening the flush Valve for a minute or so. If this is open this would explain your low water output.
I'm assuming you are aware that far more water will come out of your waste line than your finished water line. You can expect something on the order of: 1 gallon of RO/DI water per 7-9 minutes, something like that.

Back