WHY IS MY TANK CLOUDY...?!??

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not add prime because: any lack of nitrifiers would’ve killed all your fish within twelve hours the day you put them in. Prime is for ammonia arresting, which you don’t have bc + 12 hrs has gone by

Prime makes all your ammonia testing invalid, it’ll misread causing you headaches. Don’t buy bottle bac and pay into the retail machine, your tank isn’t lacking bac just change the water or run carbon as the sole filtration. Remove any form of filtration designed specifically to absorb nitrate or phosphate. Don’t reinstall that for several months, if ever.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not add prime because: any lack of nitrifiers would’ve killed all your fish within twelve hours the day you put them in. Prime is for ammonia arresting, which you don’t have bc + 12 hrs has gone by

Prime makes all your ammonia testing invalid, it’ll misread causing you headaches. Don’t buy bottle bac and pay into the retail machine, your tank isn’t lacking bac just change the water or run carbon as the sole filtration. Remove any form of filtration designed specifically to absorb nitrate or phosphate. Don’t reinstall that for several months, if ever.
Ok thanks!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back