Why isn't there more buzz about Reef Bot?

petestewardson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of the reefbot. Will watch closly as I doubt it will be stocked in the UK, so probably no way to get any experience other than by reading the forums elsewhere.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s little excitement becuse in 2014 it was also going to be released “late this year” lol.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All testing equipment takes time to go from prototype to something you can actually buy. It is very important to get testing right.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As my dad would say "It may be too much sugar for a dime" In other words, will it really deliver long term?

I dunno but, it would be great if it could. I hate testing.

As far as price is concerned, I would argue that, if this works long term, it's more worth it to ongoing health than the price of controllers are.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, i just saw this post but is this product out yet? i see it is a sponsor on this forum...
and still why is it not blowing up the reefing community if it is out and working?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok, i just saw this post but is this product out yet? i see it is a sponsor on this forum...
and still why is it not blowing up the reefing community if it is out and working?
Hasn't been released yet, but I'm excited about it!

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arons aquarium has a pic of one under his tank on reefkentics fb page

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For nitrate, I like api, I like it. I haven’t tried phosphate, anyone like phosphate tests with api?

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For nitrate, I like api, I like it. I haven’t tried phosphate, anyone like phosphate tests with api?
API NO3 is fine if you run 5-10-20ppm NO3. Any lower than 5ppm and it reads 0ppm. There is a big difference between 4ppm and absolute zero NO3!

Phosphate is the same. If you run above 0.25ppm then it's fine. I don't, and it reads 0. Worthless for less than 0.25ppm PO4. I am right around 0.18ppm PO4 per Hanna ULR, which again is a far cry from 0ppm!

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one too, didn't have time to try it yet. Well, didn't even unpack yet..maybe I will update you guys in a week or so.

IMG_20190227_165043.jpg

cmw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my reefbot all setup and ran a few tests then it stopped working. Their support wiki isn’t great but it does mention you can get a corrupted SD card. So I opened up the back to reflash the SD and as soon as the back comes off I can smell it (burned electrical components). It looks like one of the tantalum capacitor exploded. They are basically fuel + an oxidizer in one package! I never use them for that exact reason. I’m lucky this didn’t start a fire honestly. You can see the charring on the bottom connector. I know this is supposed to be for early adopters but this is pretty scary. It was only running for a few days

And yes the main processor is a raspberry pi

241C1949-F11E-4207-A4E3-12DCB2EA3718.jpeg

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my reefbot all setup and ran a few tests then it stopped working. Their support wiki isn’t great but it does mention you can get a corrupted SD card. So I opened up the back to reflash the SD and as soon as the back comes off I can smell it (burned electrical components). It looks like one of the tantalum capacitor exploded. They are basically fuel + an oxidizer in one package! I never use them for that exact reason. I’m lucky this didn’t start a fire honestly. You can see the charring on the bottom connector. I know this is supposed to be for early adopters but this is pretty scary. It was only running for a few days

And yes the main processor is a raspberry pi

241C1949-F11E-4207-A4E3-12DCB2EA3718.jpeg
Thanks for posing. So, do you think this might happen to everyone because of the material choice , or it's just a bad product that you received? Kind of dangerous.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back