Why not 1 week of copper QT?

KGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure this is wrong but I forgot the reason. This was my line of thought: Ich stays on the fish for only a couple of days and then falls off to form a cyst. In addition, copper kills any free floating forms of the parasite so re-infection in copper shouldn't be possible. If so, why not keep fish for one week in copper QT and then transfer to a clean tank? Why is that not sufficient?

Cheers!

OP
OP
KGV

KGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to minimize copper exposure to fish?
No, reducing the time spent on my QT tank. Right now, I do the recommended 1 month of chelated copper and 2 weeks of copper-less observation.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, reducing the time spent on my QT tank. Right now, I do the recommended 1 month of chelated copper and 2 weeks of copper-less observation.

Might I recommend TTM.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tomont, resting stage can remain viable for 45+ days. Copper only kills the theront stage, so that’s why 30 days is typical. Why rush quarantine? You can still enjoy your new fish while they are there(grin).
Jay

Back