Why shouldn't I use Dino X?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so much concerned about my current dino situation. What I really want to know is what the drawbacks of using Dino X are in case I want to use it in the future, because I know that time will come.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so much concerned about my current dino situation. What I really want to know is what the drawbacks of using Dino X are in case I want to use it in the future, because I know that time will come.
The main one seems to be that Dino X doesn't work on every type of dino, so treating the type you have in the future may not yield the desired results. The only other thing seems to be to calculate the dose precisely and avoid overdosing. I'm sure others can weigh-in with more thoughts.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not find it with a search, but at some point I think I saw that it would possibly kill some animals in the tank. Is anyone aware of this type of problem?

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treat the root cause and dinos have a higher chance of not returning (though obviously finding the root cause is difficult.) Use a chemical solution and you may be tied to it forever to solve your issues.

Full disclosure I've been fighting dinos for over half a year and am basically losing the battle to some extent.

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongly suggest you check this amazing dinoflagellates management review:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back