Why wifi of profilux4 is so bad?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot get it. Raspberry for 20$ has a rock stable wifi.
Profilux4 for 1000$ has a horrible wifi.

8 times of 10 I cannot connect to profilux4 via wifi (profilux - router - android), but instead connection to myGHL works almost fine... So, all the time now I connect to my profilux4 via myGHL, yes its slower, sometimes freezes, but works.

All firmwares was updated, wifi firmware is 7134. I also installed wired wifi amplifier in the same room. All other devices including IPTV works fine using the same old wifi 2.4.

I dont understand how the famous german engineers cannot make a reliable and working wifi? Even the cheapest chines 20$ devices has a better wifi.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but instead connection to myGHL works almost fine... So, all the time now I connect to my profilux4 via myGHL, yes its slower, sometimes freezes, but works.
This means that your connection by WiFi to your router and further on out on the internet works fine. There is no problem with the connection GHL - your router as I see it

8 times of 10 I cannot connect to profilux4 via wifi (profilux - router - android)
Do you meant that you can´t connect locally with your app?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you meant that you can´t connect locally with your app
Its very unstable. One day it'll connect 10 times of 10, another day it'll fail 19 times of 20. All other devices works fine.

I can connect directly to profilux4 (ad-hoc). Can connect to it via myGHL cloud. But from PC/mobile app - router - profilux4 its very unstable.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its very unstable. One day it'll connect 10 times of 10, another day it'll fail 19 times of 20. All other devices works fine.

I can connect directly to profilux4 (ad-hoc). Can connect to it via myGHL cloud. But from PC/mobile app - router - profilux4 its very unstable.
I´m not sure you can blame the P4 WiFi for this. Because it seems like the WiFi works P4 ->router -> Internet (myGHL.com) without any problems. The problem seems to be between your Browser and P4:s inbuild webserver. Have you really update the WiFi FW and the webserver to latest version? Latest WiFi FW is 7141 and latest internal app is 3.22.5. You find the latest WiFi here. And if you have a creepy connection to the internal webserver - update with help of PC/USB and the WiFi update tool that you will find in the zip file you have to save down to your PC

I use Chrome as a browser for my local connection - I have found it more stable than Edge

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - but be careful - test first with only update the FW-module firmware and the Wb interface. Only update the web file system if you must (if there is a to large difference between the old and new software and the two first updates not working) Be sure that you copy all of your WiFi settings if you need to update the web file system because it will bring you back to the default settings of the WiFi module

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - but be careful - test first with only update the FW-module firmware and the Wb interface. Only update the web file system if you must (if there is a to large difference between the old and new software and the two first updates not working) Be sure that you copy all of your WiFi settings if you need to update the web file system because it will bring you back to the default settings of the WiFi module
Updated. Except webserver file system.

Thanks Lasse.

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem. myGHL works. So, maybe its not the hardware wifi problem, but the software - Android apps

Screenshot_20230115_223000_GHL Connect.jpg

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What+s happen if you put in your P4´s IP adress in your PC browser (I prefer chrome for this) Have you install GCC in your PC?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What+s happen if you put in your P4´s IP adress in your PC browser (I prefer chrome for this) Have you install GCC in your PC?

Sincerely Lasse
Via Windows it works. Via Android apps very unstable:
Screenshot_20230121_133040_GHL Connect.jpg

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a large dashboard ob the app?
Yep. Connection via Windows and browser works well. But from their android apps I cannot connect now for 2 days (local wifi and myGHL). It's very unstable.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have notice that large dashboards on especially the app sometimes take a very long time to load. Therefore I have minimize the dashboard on the app (Android) and load what I want through the meny. It has worked better

Sincerely Lasse

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back