Why would a sleve back out on a MP40???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lowefx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lowefx

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
687
Reaction score
300
Location
Northern Virgina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've noticed one of my mp40 have gotten noisy, similar to being out of ballance. The cover flew off of it 2 days ago, and I just got around to putting it back on, but I couldn't because the white "sleve" over the metal rod is extended over the metal rod about 1/4. I tried hammering it back down, but that sleve splintered similar to ceramic.

Why would this happen?

Is this repairable?

TIA
20220722_074355.jpg
 
Vinegar will destroy the Pump. How old is the Pump, could it have ingested something to make it run hot? On commercial pumps at work, if they ran hot, it would damage the ceramic seals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new