Wichita Area

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum as well as to reef tanks really, a small year long excursion that never really found success a few years back. Looking for local enthusiast to connect with.

PmCarbrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum as well as to reef tanks really, a small year long excursion that never really found success a few years back. Looking for local enthusiast to connect with.
The Wichita reef group on Facebook would be your best bet, it's very active

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and i live in Derby, she is connected with some groups on Facebook. Im not a fan, but willing to share what i know about the hobby, it would only take about 5 minutes! We have a 32 biocube going and getting my 144 ready to build.

OP
OP
James Hammett

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and i live in Derby, she is connected with some groups on Facebook. Im not a fan, but willing to share what i know about the hobby, it would only take about 5 minutes! We have a 32 biocube going and getting my 144 ready to build.
do you have stock-light hood on your biocube 32? is it the LED? If so what types of Coral can it support I've heard that I can do any corals , then someone else says only softies? also nems i hear they will be fine and they will not? is the best option to just go for it and see what happens?

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still doing the slow bump on acclimating. Im not very educated on corals and types. All I can tell you is the wife will see one and say that one's cool and it ends up in the tank. Stock hood, very easy to install, it took me about a 1/2 hour taking my time. I can tell you it is a big improvement over the stock lighting. Everything is opened up more and looking good. Right now I'm at around 38% on the power and bumping up daily.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still doing the slow bump on acclimating. Im not very educated on corals and types. All I can tell you is the wife will see one and say that one's cool and it ends up in the tank. Stock hood, very easy to install, it took me about a 1/2 hour taking my time. I can tell you it is a big improvement over the stock lighting. Everything is opened up more and looking good. Right now I'm at around 38% on the power and bumping up daily.

Forgot to mention we upgraded to Steve's leds for the lighting. Sorry that was probably a confusing read.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back