Wifi extenders

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a apex controller. What type of wifi extenders are you using to get a signal to your controler? I was just wanting to see what the latest recommendations were. Thanks for your help.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm where is your controller you may not need a extender is your tank is within range of your router ( typically depending upon walls and floors about 50 to 60 feet at least

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Dr Pepper can hacked gullwing style on an external antenna router if applicable is a fine extender for fifty cents and looks great if one is into modern steampunk looks for the home heh
https://goo.gl/images/YvH9O7
I bet I could shoot my wifi through four houses laterally with my old setup and it was a crappy wal mart router. One antenna stays omni, the other gets the direction and in such becomes distance monster

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried wifi extenders but ultimately settled on a powerline extender. The connection is very reliable. When there is a connectivity issue it is usually the Apex or my ISP.

SethOF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is in a separate room from my router. I would say fifteen feet, with two walls and a hallway separating them.
If you have a device that depends on the wifi your laptop for example, you simply place it where the controller is and determine the connectivity.
If you want to do more there are sharewares that can give you the signal strengths in your house with your laptop.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised that you'd need a range extender that close to the router. But given the distance an ethernet cable is an easy reliable solution as well.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'll need to get a good repeater. The P4 needs to through a concrete foundation and garage floor to reach the main router.

Bob

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought this for $20 on ebay and it worked great. only bad thing is it'll take up an outlet space. second pic
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-lite.307305/

I bought a similar one from Amazon to get around all the concrete. Much better signal strength, but I have to reboot it almost every every day. It keeps dropping the connection with my Profilux. I'll look at the mesh WiFi. Thanks to you both!

Bob

Rotorocious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one called an Eero that i installed. A bit expensive but it works amazing. 100mb in was about 20 mb around the house, after the eero setup it was 100 everywhere , no issues

Back