Wifi extenders

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usally the best thing when having a wifi house problem is central mount the sender so a long coax cable drill maybe and power so if possible in attic or a spot on a shelf. Once I did it was no dead spots when I'd have 1 at the farthest from the room.

John Lohsr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have an apex tank controller, I use a digital aquatic reef keeper, but I use a WiFi screenwriting amped and it work great and extends my WiFi about 40 feet to my detractors shop.

Doug B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say....I have a wifi extender sitting 10 feet from my Apex, and my router is 25 feet away from that in another room. I have no issues with any other wireless device, phone, console, television...but my Apex loses connection to fusion EVERY SINGLE DAY. As certain as the sun coming up.

And before anyone assigns the problem to user error...I'm an IT contractor, and a CCNA, and a gamer... and I have had devices working perfectly for years all over my house. The Apex is the only wireless device in my house that loses connectivity and does not reestablish it, every day. I know this because when I come home from work every day it is not connected to fusion. So I reset it, it connects, and all is well. Until the next day when I come home from work...and it's not connected again.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Apex units are hardwired with cat5e and have been for years. No issues when you hard wire!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back