Wild caught true perculas

true perculas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2022
Messages
27
Reaction score
26
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to reef2reef but these are my wild caught true perculas. I also have a wild caught pair of maroons I need to get a pic of. Let’s see all those wild caught clowns!
1C90283D-CA12-4D4E-803B-0FD24690D766.jpeg
08D46B62-5449-4895-9DEC-90411042AFA5.jpeg
 
Beautiful clowns, is that a big toadstool?
 
I've always had WC cinnamon clowns in my tanks. Hey I like the semi aggressive reef tanks ok?! Lol
Wc is kinda frowned upon these days isn't it? I prefer the real live natural thing vs the Frankenstein clowns I see usually. Like a mutt dog imo. Lol.
D
 

Attachments

  • 20220401_010851.jpg
    20220401_010851.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 95
Looks like a mertensi
Mertensii has longer tentacles near the mouth, and I don't see verrucae underneath (from what we can see on the left of photo). Looks more like a haddoni. Even with longer tentacles in the mouth mertensii has longer tentacles in general
 
I've always had WC cinnamon clowns in my tanks. Hey I like the semi aggressive reef tanks ok?! Lol
Wc is kinda frowned upon these days isn't it? I prefer the real live natural thing vs the Frankenstein clowns I see usually. Like a mutt dog imo. Lol.
I love the more aggressive clowns too! I have a wc maroon pair and a trio of gold nuggets with a lightning. I also prefer more of natural clowns. Even regular ocellaris that are captive bred have a lot of deformities and you can just tell inbreeding is getting out of hand
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new