Wild mandarin eating frozen?

Coral Loggers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2023
Messages
21
Reaction score
10
Location
Melrose
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I was curious to see if anyone here has ever gotten a wild mandarin to eat frozen? Curious on how you did it and what steps I could take to do so. Thank you
 
When I had mine, I just started her on Ocean Nutrition Lobster Eggs right away and she just dove straight for them on day 1. Worked really well and even got her into breeding-shape on the stuff, in just a 10 gallon. :)

Edit: Actually even recorded a video of her very first feeding session, back in the day.
 
Can definitely be done, but seems to come down to the fish. Some take to it much easier than others. Baby brine shrimp, ROE, and other small foods are your best bet to start. Once it starts taking these I would mix in something like LRS fish frenzy, then from there go to mysis or pellets. Try feeding multiple times a day, and make sure it has enough copepods in the meantime as it can take a while for them to catch on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new