Wild nem va Aquacultured nem

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
1,667
Reaction score
2,075
Location
Gambrills
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a BTA from my LFS, and I was planning on finding a Black Widow BTA to go into the same tank eventually. When I showed a picture of the nem to a buddy of mine who is super heavy into the hobby, he told me that the nem I picked up was a wild nem, and it would nuke any aquacultured nems that get put into the tank because the aquacultured ones have been in closed systems for so long that they've lost their ability to fend for themselves when it comes to nem chemical warfare. Has anyone else heard, or experienced this? I'd like to learn more about this.
 
20190320_191559.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new