wild Percula breeding pair value

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paired up some wild Percula's and a 16in Magnifica over a year ago and now they've been laying egg. The female is pushing 3.5in and I was wondering if they have any value since there a wild breeding pair?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are becoming a dime a dozen nowadays. Some have higher values depending on the symmetry of their markings. Plus, many are pushing for the aquacultured clowns now for ecological reasons.

Dennisd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed all fish including clowns have gone up in price, since the pandemic started. I would go to a lfs and see what they are going for and add an additional price for being a breeder pair. I mean unless I want a pair. Then you should included free shipping too. Hahaha Good luck.

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paired up some wild Percula's and a 16in Magnifica over a year ago and now they've been laying egg. The female is pushing 3.5in and I was wondering if they have any value since there a wild breeding pair?
yes they do have value. Do you have pics? lots of breeders want to incorporate wild into their DNA chain to enhance color, and avoid defects found in many tank raised fish. Would love to see a pic. PS im in the bay area too

OP
OP
G

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no breeder but they laid there second clutch of eggs in the last few weeks. I don't understand why people want to purchase genetically mutated fish, you wouldn't want to give birth to a child hoping it's born with or without a body part.

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no breeder but they laid there second clutch of eggs in the last few weeks. I don't understand why people want to purchase genetically mutated fish, you wouldn't want to give birth to a child hoping it's born with or without a body part.
wild caughts are so much nicer! you get the more natural body shape, head, no underbite. The original "picasso" was wild caught, and there are so many wild caught variants out there which are BEAUTIFUL. I would pay high $$$ if I could get a WC picasso! :)

Here is my WC pair from 2007. The mama has that neat white circle on her.

Ls8oPSd.jpg

Here they are today in 2021, still spawning :)

qElUWQB.jpg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your statement implies that mutation is a bad thing. Comparing colorization of a fish to a child missing a body part is not really relevant.

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune, Aquatic Collection and Violets aqaurium and clearwater aquarium all sell them from time to time. All local SF bay area. The issue I have had is trying to get them to spawn in a breeding set up. They are more liekly to spawn in a natural reef environment that mimics their natural home

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the difference is what most clowns look like nowdays from big box sellers... many have tons of defects, overbites, bull heads, deformed backs, mis bars, and other weird stuff, and even home breeders have some issues with this. A wild caught clown is a near perfect as you can get. Nature does not mess up too much, ( i am talking about body conformity, not colorations etc) In the wild, the weak perish

OP
OP
G

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the links I posted is because those online stores have them year round, mine paired up the same day I introduced them and a year latter won't stop laying eggs

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wild caughts are so much nicer! you get the more natural body shape, head, no underbite. The original "picasso" was wild caught, and there are so many wild caught variants out there which are BEAUTIFUL. I would pay high $$$ if I could get a WC picasso! :)

Here is my WC pair from 2007. The mama has that neat white circle on her.

Ls8oPSd.jpg

Here they are today in 2021, still spawning :)

qElUWQB.jpg
have you raised any fry?

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a wild caught picasso, that has good form and patterning will fetch some money....
keep in mind that the color black is somewhat unstable in the wild and also dependent on other factors. light, anemones, location etc.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice clownfish, i think about 100-200 sounds fair for the breeding pair, but idk why you would get rid of these beauties

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back